For those who may not be familiar with the concept, an Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR from now on) is a seasoned entrepreneur who is brought into a venture capital firm or venture studio with the objective of catalyzing innovation and driving growth. Within a venture studio, an EIR collaborates closely with the team, utilizing their deep expertise and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities. EIRs may also pursue the spin-off of new ventures, potentially becoming founders themselves, as they contribute to the incubation and acceleration of promising new ventures.
At Polymath Ventures, we have worked under the EIR model in the past, but this year we want to relaunch it along with the fund we are building. This initiative aims to bring in fresh perspectives, new talents and new business models aligned with our mission of being Latin America's premier Seed Fund and Venture Studio, built by serial entrepreneurs.
Are you an entrepreneur seeking new exciting opportunities? Let us explain the advantages of collaborating and co-creating within a venture studio environment like ours!
- Collaboration and support: EIRs will be entering a collaborative environment, surrounded by other entrepreneurs, mentors and experts willing to provide guidance, support and feedback as they work on their ideas.
- Resources: EIR programs typically provide entrepreneurs with a variety of resources, including funding, mentorship, office space, and connections to potential customers and partners.
- Networking Opportunities: EIRs have the opportunity to connect with other entrepreneurs, industry experts, and potential investors, which can help them further their careers and expand their professional networks.
- Opportunity for Innovation: EIRs are encouraged to take calculated risks and explore new ideas within a supportive and collaborative venture studio environment. This provides a low-risk opportunity to test and validate their ideas while receiving feedback and support from experienced mentors and experts.
- Potential for investment: After the first stage of supporting the EIR to ideate and validate the business model, there is a high possibility of being funded by the seed fund or through its network of investors.
This setting will increase the EIR's chances of success and offer entrepreneurs the opportunity to enhance their skills, grow their networks and bring their ideas into viable business models.
Besides all of these advantages, building alongside Polymath also comes with:
- Build with one of the most talented teams in Latin America. Our EIRs will work alongside the top and motivated talent from diverse fields and exceptional mentors including our CEO Wenyi Cai, our C-Levels Damian Alcedo and Francisco Paz with vast experience in building new projects and all of our ventures founders Ana, Manuel, Chava, Andrew, Natalia and Zach
- Be part of our network of founders, investors, advisors, and an extensive community of allies Our extensive network is filled with individuals who have the expertise and experience to guide you through the challenges and opportunities of entrepreneurship. Whether you need mentorship, funding, partnerships, or simply a supportive community, our network is ready to provide you with the tools and connections you need to succeed.
- Access to unique methodologies to build new ventures. Our EIRs will gain exceptional experience designing and building great companies, through our methodologies, resources and connections to increase your success. These methodologies are the result of years of experience and expertise in designing, launching, funding and scaling human-centered companies.
- Be a Founder. EIRs will have the opportunity to become founders of a new venture that has been built for the middle class in Latin America. Together we will de-risk the company, aiming for big success.
Are you the entrepreneur we are looking for and are excited to build meaningful solutions to empower Latam’s middle class?