Insights from Research:
The first challenge was to understand the buying behavior of Gen Z, which unlocked learnings about the relevance this segment has on the growth of second-hand apparel shopping, with conscious and savvy shoppers being the fastest growing segments. At the same time, global leading retailers are turning to resale as a way to engage with this demographic.
Starting with the above insights, we started the validation phase with four concepts that responded to the biggest pain points and expectations of both, buyers and sellers. Through experimentation, we understood that sellers are looking to increase their sales while decreasing operational hassles while buyers need to browse and discover curated pieces.
Ropstar is redefining what selling and shopping second-hand means, thanks to its mobile-first and highly curated approach. Now, sellers can grow their business, reduce the operational hassle and help them make informed and data-driven decisions, while buyers have a fun and easy experience, in which they can discover unique items, support the planet and elevate the work of local entrepreneurs.
The Venture Today:
Ropstar was launched in April 2021 with exciting progress in a market full of opportunities:
- Onboarded Entrepreneurs in Residence, Raphael Kromer and CMO Martín Jara.
- Early-stage team of +10 people with expertise in Tech, Product, Sales, and Marketing.
- Mentorship from Damian Alcedo, Senior Director at Polymath Ventures with over 15 years of experience with tech companies.
- Launch of 2.0 digital marketplace.
- +13.000 Instagram followers.